1. What’s something in your possession that has long outlived its usefulness?
Apparently those size-6 clothes hanging in my closet. Sadly. I hang on in the hopes that someday…..
2. Who in your life has proven to be a very useful person to know?
My friend AT, first of all. She knows, seriously, everyone and everything. I call her when I need to know who to call for cutting down trees, painting a house, why someone’s baby died, and when I need to know the license plate number on BF’s vehicle. Which I really did need to know the other day. She kills me. Secondly, CW. She’s the secretary/slash/expeditor of our girls-night out group AND our Sunday School class, and *nothing* would happen in this entire universe without the Queen of the Expeditors *making* it happen. But I don’t keep them around just because they’re useful…I love ’em too. 🙂
3. For group projects requiring collaborative planning and then collaborative execution, in what capacity are you most useful?
I think I’m good at thinking up outlandish ideas. Beyond that I guess I’m pretty much useless. I’m thinking, in particular, of a recent garage-sale disaster…. That’s why its good I have a friend like CW…
4. What’s something someone gave you that you didn’t think much of but later became surprisingly useful?
The first thing that comes to mind is my Champion Juicer. It sat in my kitchen cabinet for 11 years before I decided to use it, and now I use it every day.
5. What is the most useful book in your house?
Well, what kind of Christian woman would I be if I didn’t say the Holy Bible? I’ve been reading it in the mornings lately, and I can see a difference in how I treat the ones I love. I’m kinder, gentler, more peaceful, more patient, more self-controlled. I definitely need to be transformed by the renewing of my mind on a daily basis.
Secondly, my Prescription for Nutritional Healing book is pretty much dog-eared. It stays on my nightstand and I look at something in there almost daily!
Want to play along? See Friday5.org for more!