Hubby and I have been talking and praying over our options for days, and here is what we’ve decided to do.
Based on what the neurosurgeon and the pediatric oncologist said, the tumor is very slow-growing, and both doctors were comfortable with waiting and doing an MRI every 90 days until the tumor showed some sort of change or until Annie started showing symptoms.
They were also comfortable with going ahead and doing surgery to remove the tumor now.
They were basically comfortable with whatever we decide to do, but agreed that the tumor must come out at some point, but that point was up to us to decide….pretty much.
Hubs and I decided to let Annie finish up the year at Kids Kaleidoscope, which ends with Splash Day on May 20th. Being the overprotective mom that I am, I won’t let her go every time the doors are open; she’ll just get to go here and there, an hour or two at a time, as I feel comfortable…luckily she can’t read a calendar and won’t know she’s really missing school.
I took her today for one hour and almost had a myocardial infarction over it, but they were SOOOOO happy to see her, and I heard a chorus of “There’s Annie!! There’s Annie!!” as all the wonderful ladies who work there came out in the hall to hug Annie and to let me know that they were praying for us…..we are so blessed to be a part of that little school.
I just have this overwhelming urge to keep her here at home, within arms reach, so I can hover over her and make sure she’s safe.
But I also know that lots of people love Annie and I don’t want to deprive her of the life and friends that she has, and I feel sure that Mrs. Teresa loves Annie and will keep her safe.
But just in case, Annie might not go to school every moment, and if she does, her crazy momma might be hovering right outside the classroom door, ready to snatch her out in the blink of an eye.
I emailed the docs and let them know we wanted to schedule the surgery after Splash Day.
That will give KB two more weeks of school plus two weeks of church Day Camp…four weeks total where she is occupied, distracted, and in a routine….four weeks for Annie to heal before KB is home and has free time on her hands and wants to go and do things…..four weeks that I can devote all my time and attention to Annie.
KB will stay with our friends while we’re in Dallas.
Which is the one place on earth, except for possibly Disney World, that KB loves to be the most.
Not that any of us have ever been to Disney World, but C’s house has to be almost as much fun, plus C is in KB’s classroom at school, has the same homework, and the same dance class = should be easy for her mom to handle one more….hopefully. They offered, so I’m taking them up on it.
One less kid for me to worry about during what will be a very stressful week.
That also gives us all 40 days, give or take, to pray this tumor away. I know that many are fasting and praying…..and I’m asking you to continue to fast and pray with us until that date.
I believe that God can and will take this tumor away, and when we show up for an MRI somewhere around May 22nd or thereafter, the doctors will be surprised that there is no tumor.
But if not…..one of the best Neurosurgeons in Dallas will do her surgery.
I just have to wrap my brain around that.
I’ll let you all know the final details as they are decided.