1. After a painfully brutal divorce — that one thing I always swore would never happen to ME — in 2011, I found my traction. I learned how to navigate this new life-o-mine. Mostly.
2. In 2011, I found my spot at Green Acres Baptist Church. I love this church that has been such a huge part of my world since we moved to Tyler in 1981. I left for 12 years, and its so good to be back home where I first met Jesus, met lifelong friends, got baptized, went to church camp, went on mission trips.
4. 2011 was a year of much healing… for myself and for others important to me.
5. Speaking of healing… 2011 was the year we learned that Annie’s brain tumor was measuring smaller. Yes, smaller, praise Jesus. He did for us what was medically impossible. Tumors don’t shrink… medically speaking. Ours did. Praise Jesus again and again.
6. In 2011 my kids and I made many-a-fun memory every second and fourth weekend. I’m so thankful for second and fourth weekends.
7. 2011… The year God gave us Baby Jesse. How did Planet Earth spin on its axis before he got here?!
8. In 2011, I got unpacked and settled into my fabulous new apartment. My kids and I thank God every night when we pray for letting us live here.
9. In 2011, God watched over me and protected me from some who would harm me. In Isaiah 54:17 His word says that NO weapon that can hurt me has ever been forged, and in 2011 that has been proven true over and over again.