I asked KB to help me make a list of the things she really, really wants to do this summer, and these are the things she came up with! She’s very tired after a long day of day camp, or she would have for sure put “Get a dog” on this list, but the creative juices weren’t really flowing at 3:00 this afternoon.
1. Make a scrapbook of my pictures. (The last day of school, I gave disposable cameras to her and her BFF. You should see the pictures they came up with….THOSE are the pictures we’re going to make a scrapbook of. I’ll have to post a slideshow someday).
2. Go swimming. We don’t care where. Funny she didn’t mention swimming LESSONS with the Swim Nazi…..but unbeknownst to her that’s in her future too….
3. Go to the dinosaur roundup.
4. Pick blueberries at the blueberry farm. I’m looking forward to this one myself, except for the picking part, in the hot sun, while wrangling a 2 y/o, but still fun nonetheless.
5. Go to Gracie’s house. (This is *THE* ultimate place to play, in KB’s opinion; she even made a diagram of Gracie’s house with all the fun things there are to do there, not to mention we LOOOOOOOOOOVE Gracie; she’s our other BFF). Gracie, I don’t know if you know this, but your house is PARADISE…..
7. Play at Riley and Reese’s house. Another house that is the ultimate place to play! They have EVERYTHING girls love, a zillion barbies, great snacks, dance contests, etc.
8. Go to the Oil Museum. (OK, this was actually my idea, not hers; she hasn’t ever been there, but I LOVED to go there as a kid so I planted the idea in her head).
10. Go to a movie. Who knows which one, but its all about the theater experience.
11. Bo bowling. (They bowled today at Day Camp and she LOVES it!! So funny).
12. Go see Ruby, KB’s Mimi’s coolest cousin. We LOVE to go to her house. She cooks Cajun food like nobody’s business.
13. Go ride horses at the Villages. I can’t believe she remembered this one, but we rode horses there three years ago and she loved it!
Well, that’s the extent of our excitement this summer. We may fit a camping trip or two in there somewhere, if it isn’t too excruciatingly hot outside, but otherwise, we’ll be at the Big Blue House enjoying being OUT OF SCHOOL!! YIPPEEEEEE!!